查看: 1590|回复: 4
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[生活琐碎] 大家觉得Silversmiths怎么样?

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2010-3-30 12:26 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
看一个地方看到这样的评价

One of those places where the friendliness of the owner manages to disguise the negative aspects of this restaurant. I have only just noticed that Tripadvisor's rating system jumps from "average" to "very good"  because I would like to rate this eatery as good.  Pretty obvious that Silversmiths started its life as a bar and not as a restaurant; place in desperate need of a makeover.  Decor was cheap and tacky but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day. The lad is trying to make a crust and doing a good job at it.  Service was good and the food not bad either.                                                                                  There are a few things that annoy me when eating out and unfortunately Silversmiths ticked the boxes. Dark toilets, using bowls instead of plates to serve solids in and those silly unhygienic condiment containers where you use your fingers to add the salt and pepper.  Give me normal salt and pepper pots any day.
Getting back to the food,  it was OK  and we probably would go again. Everything was nice but not exceptional, maybe a little expensive for what we had.
Now for the really bad point, the one that ruined our whole experience. The pre theatre menu was very ambiguous to say the least. What made it worst was that Justin, the owner, knew it was and admitted it. On entering the restaurant I asked for the a la carte menu but was told that only the pre theatre menu was available. Only when the bill came did we realise that not everything on this menu was at the set meal price. Apparently there are * on the menu that indicate what can or can ot be ordered on the set meal. The explanation of the * is explained somewhere on the menu in "small print" (Justins' words) so we ended up paying about thirty quid more than we anticipated.  Do yourself a favour and either PRINT THE SET MEAL DISHES ON A SEPARATE SHEET OR INCREASE THE FONT SIZE OF THE *  ALONG WITH IT'S MEANING.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友 微信微信
收藏收藏 顶 踩
2#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-3-30 12:27 | 只看该作者
让我想到底怎么样呢,想听听大家的说法!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2010-3-30 13:00 | 只看该作者
我觉得一般 蛮贵的!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报