设为首页收藏本站
投诉及帮助: 点击这里给我发消息

中英网论坛

查看: 17993|回复: 50
打印 上一主题 下一主题

A-level 2 years are better than Foundation 1 year.

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2008-5-30 08:00 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
It took me 2 years to complete the A-level studies but I still think it was worthwhile .   The reason is that you are learning in a complete English speaking environment with local English students.   The class size is very small compared to the senior high school in China, hence you get a good tuition from the teachers (they talk to you more), and you have more opportunities to speak, discuss problems with the class.  The atmosphere is just fantastic.  You normally take 3 to 4 subjects and the whole week will be full of less##被过滤##, therefore ideal for intense learning.
Another good aspect of the A-level is that you get the pressure from the teachers. You are forced to finish your homework otherwise you will get detenti##被过滤## after school.  By doing homework, you c##被过滤##olidate your knowledge which is useful throughout your lives.  

From the above you learn very good English, but this is not the only thing.  You also acquire very useful knowledge and gain good skills which are very useful even at universities and at professional work.  It is the interface between Secondary education and the Tertiary education. The freedom of A-level allows you to go beyond the depth of high school to reach the university level.  For example, "Further Maths" offers challenges to talented students who wants more maths which has the depth of the University level.

"Economics and Business Studies" offers a very thorough basic knowledge of Economics, Business and Finance which enables students to possess the ability to do business themselves.   
I must say that "Economics and Business Studies" is a superb super course which stretches your mind in all directi##被过滤## and making you flexible in thinking, creative in being efficient and delicate in communication.

Physics and Chemistry courses are very practical (labs and lab exams) as well as broad in theoretical knowledge.  They emphasise more on the description and the applicati##被过滤## rather than difficult calculati##被过滤##.

These are what I know about the A-level, and I really think it is a brilliant course to take.  Now, the A-level is harder due to the increase NO. of bright students.  I don't know whether this is true or not and I would like to hear about it from you who are taking it or who have just finished it not long ago.

[ 本帖最后由 singsong 于 2009-2-17 06:08 编辑 ]

评分

查看全部评分

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友 微信微信
收藏收藏 顶 踩
2#
发表于 2008-5-30 11:03 | 只看该作者
确实说,如果家里条件允许的话,还是上Alevel的好
3#
发表于 2008-5-30 22:36 | 只看该作者
赞同!~~~没错~要是预科就绝对不可能去前四名的大学了,如果你真的成绩很好太可惜了~不在乎多一年~我顶楼主
4#
发表于 2008-5-31 05:08 | 只看该作者
那我真的可惜了
5#
发表于 2008-5-31 19:35 | 只看该作者
6#
发表于 2008-6-1 02:31 | 只看该作者
两年当然好于一年。。。不过预科上WARWICK BRISTOL BATH也挺简单的 我觉得
朋友以前收到UCL LSE的。。去了UCL
LSE面试被刷了
7#
发表于 2008-6-1 02:32 | 只看该作者
当然读预科能上上面那些学校
转去读ALEVEL就是TOP4了
8#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-6-1 06:11 | 只看该作者
原帖由 葬月尘寰 于 2008-5-30 22:36 发表
赞同!~~~没错~要是预科就绝对不可能去前四名的大学了,如果你真的成绩很好太可惜了~不在乎多一年~我顶楼主

So do you think the A-Level now is harder compared to years ago?
9#
发表于 2008-6-1 07:19 | 只看该作者
原帖由 singsong 于 2008-6-1 06:11 发表

So do you think the A-Level now is harder compared to years ago?

I think so.'cause there are more and more smart people study here.(especially Chineses )

compete with them , more pressure now anyway...
10#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-6-1 13:46 | 只看该作者
原帖由 葬月尘寰 于 2008-6-1 07:19 发表

I think so.'cause there are more and more smart people study here.(especially Chineses )

compete with them , more pressure now anyway...

Too tough yeah?
Chinese students are very powerful, they usually have fairly good and c##被过滤##istent performances.
11#
发表于 2008-6-1 17:03 | 只看该作者
原帖由 singsong 于 2008-6-1 13:46 发表

Too tough yeah?
Chinese students are very powerful, they usually have fairly good and c##被过滤##istent performances.

So that's why we have to exert the utmost strength~~~

不管怎么说都是ALEVEL会稍微好一点叭?要不你付出了同样的努力~却去不了你想去的大学而不是很郁闷咩。。
12#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-6-1 17:22 | 只看该作者
Well, of course it is better.
It is even better with tougher competiti##被过滤##.  You work harder and learn how to cope with pressures.
13#
发表于 2008-6-2 06:28 | 只看该作者
I agree with you. However we don't have to give too much pressure to ourselves. See what do you really want
14#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-6-2 07:25 | 只看该作者
I was just lucky 3 years ago.
At that time the A-Level was not as hard as it is now, a low A was the same as a high A.
So I got some low As and got into a good university.  Now I don't think I can get in the same uni.
15#
发表于 2008-6-2 20:37 | 只看该作者
现在国内很多地方都开ALEVEL 录取标准一样
人多竞争 难度自然上升啦
您需要登录后才可以回帖

本版积分规则

QQ|排行榜|小黑屋|Archiver|UKER.net ( 沪ICP备11021479号-1  

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 15:44