中英网论坛

查看: 1104|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[申请相关] PS范文大放送:格拉斯哥大学TESOL专业申请

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2013-9-23 17:33 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
       对于英国留学申请来说,写好PS是非常重要的关键,一个好的PS总是围绕着说明你过去是一支“绩优股”,未来是一支“潜力股”,这样才能说服学校在你身上进行投资。

具有说服力的PS往往能让招生官对你产生很不错的印象,这样更有被录取的机会。

下面,就让我们来看看英国留学申请格拉斯哥大学TESOL专业的PS范文:

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” This quote by Mahatma Gandhi reflects the way my life is lived and the personality developed by living this lifestyle. Gaining knowledge is not just for the young, but for all ages. In this rapidly changing world, we must make time to educate ourselves for the present and the future. We should always be a lifetime learner and continue to seek opportunities for education throughout our life. So here I am to apply for the MSc program in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages at University of Glasgow, so as to stay up-to-day in my chosen profession – being a teacher, improve my skills and broaden my knowledge.

About Me – A Girl with Great Interest in English

I have always been enthusiastic about English. I spent a lot of time reading when I was younger and feel that this benefited me by encouraging me to develop and learn quickly. For all these years, I still enjoy reading in my spare time. I love literature that can provoke a range of emotions in readers from start to finish. What attracts me most to English is not only the chance to expand my literary knowledge, but the opportunity I am given to communicate my own thoughts and ideas. I love how writers can express their opinions and emotions in words that can influence, inspire and touch others. For this reason, creative writing is one of my favorite subjects. The way I can express myself freely on paper is a liberating feeling for me, and I find writing to be a useful and therapeutic way of conveying my emotions.

Why Education?

Education is the way to happiness. Daisaku Ikeda, the educator and philosopher, once said, “I consider education to be the culminating undertaking of my life”. In Ikeda's philosophy, the ultimate purpose of education, as with the purpose of life, can be expressed as “happiness”. Education is where the dream takes off. When I reflect on the importance of education, I went down memory lane to recall my school years, the grounding years of anyone’s education. School life is about laying the foundation of our education. It is where we get our basics cleared and at the point of leaving school, we are all set to soar high in life, enter the new world in pursuit of our dreams. Education is the key to unlocking human potential. By the means of education, one’s potential can be used to maximum extent. Education fosters people who intuitively understand and know--in their minds, in their hearts, with their entire being--the irreplaceable value of human beings and the natural world. This enables people to take control of their lives.

Why TESOL?

The job of a teacher means different to different people. For some, teacher is simply a person who informs students about necessary information. Yet for others, and for me, teacher means much more. They give their students not only their

knowledge, but also their passion. They get involved in the lives of their students. They make their students feel good about themselves and they help the youth realize and fulfill their dreams. For me, teaching is also a way of life, a profession with so much responsibility, challenge, and joy. When you love learning and English, when going to school and being with students and other teachers is what you love doing, why would I choose to be anything else but a teacher teaching English to speakers of other languages? My Edge Hoping to make full use of my college time I spent in Qufu Normal University, I have done a wide range of goal-oriented reading and effective self-teaching, which helps me learn more about English and teaching. As a student majoring in English (teaching-oriented), I equipped myself as best as I could. Apart from English-related courses, I received comprehensive education on the fundamental concepts, principles and theories in literature, education, teaching methodology, educational psychology and education technology. What’s more, I have successfully got Teaching Certificate in China. All these laid a solid foundation for my future development as an English teacher. Clearly aware of the gap between knowledge and practice, I never miss a chance to take the hands-on experience, which is a proven way to gain relevant knowledge, skills, and experience. In my spare time, I actively participated in various teaching competitions and have won prizes in them. Besides, I also took internship works. In 2011, I worked as an English teacher and class advisor for Grade 10 students in Qufu Normal University Affiliated School. After one-month industrious efforts, my students’ score ranked the First among 16 classes. My ability to use effective interpersonal skills is strengthened, which helps me build not just better relationships with others, but makes cooperating with them more enjoyable.

Give Me a Chance

With my target set ahead, although living a fruitful life, I find my knowledge and experience far from enough. What I have done so far is only the first step of a long, challenging journey. I know the competition among your candidates is fierce, but I am confident in myself, just as Robert Goddard once said, “It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow”. So here I am to throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor and catch the trade winds in my sails. Explore! Dream! And discover! I believe University of Glasgow will be the place where my dream takes off. Thank you for your consideration.
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友 微信微信
收藏收藏 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖

本版积分规则

QQ|排行榜|小黑屋|Archiver|UKER.net ( 沪ICP备11021479号-1  

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 12:50