中英网论坛

查看: 630|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

toefl机经-1

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2003-6-26 16:26 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Hi all, I'm here straight from my TOEFL test. Give me a few minutes to pull myself together, okay? panting panting... more panting...

First of all, the listening part. The content and difficulty are very similar to those in ETS POWERPREP but the sound quality is much much better. However, there is always some distraction factor. I didn't suffer much from keyboard hitting by others, but I did get affected by the Vietnamese girl who sat back-to-back against me and whose way of positioning the headphone let loose lots of sound. I could even make out the questi##被过滤## asked on her test and cranking up my own system in an effort to drown hers out make the sound somewhat distorted. Neway, I was fed only 30 questi##被过滤## [12 in part A] - a big relief, and difficult ones are those that required two check-box opti##被过滤## [4 or 5 of them] and I thought I missed most of those as they required the memory of an elephant and complete ignorance of the girl behind, both of which I failed miserably. I got 26 in the listening part.

The structure part was quite uneventful with tough and controversial questi##被过滤## the sort plaguing Testmagic's TOEFL grammar forum recently are nowhere in sight. But I guess I have problem of timing my pace. I have 25 questi##被过滤## for 19 minutes. A little bit casual at first, I got to the last question and still have 6 min left. After getting the score [29], thought back to 6 min wasted and I spent the next 6 min smarting about the one point lost. So future test takers, plese take a little more care of the pacing as u could not go back and right the careless wrongs.

I was quite at home on the reading part as it is my fort. I have 5 paragraphs with 55 questi##被过滤## for 90 minutes. The first one is about the history of a famous park in US, the second one about social structure of certain species of babo##被过滤##. The third one is about country music. The fourth one, the most difficult, is about temparature regulating technolgies. The last one is about archaeology and artifact looting problems. Neway, questi##被过滤## that need more time are inferred questi##被过滤## which requires some assumption. There are avaragedly one question of this type per paragraph. The "no-sweat" questi##被过滤## should be "which word is closest in meaning to..." and I was suprised to find so many of them appear in my test today [a dozen at least]. Reckon if u have a good vocabulary, you should have no problem with those. I always answer the questi##被过滤## about main topic/idea and organization last, after finishing all the other questi##被过滤## in the same paragraph. In my test, paragraphs are harder towards the end. It took me around 10 min per paragraph, so I finished this part in less than 50 min. The rest 40 min I spent on double checking [my answers, not the girl behind, I wish her the best neway] and daydreamed about the day I might have the honour to see Erin in person. I decided to pick him if me lucky enough to run into topic "if u have a chance to meet a famous person..." in the essay part.

My essay is the one about should students be required to study art and music in secondary schools. A real boring topic and I can't say I did well on that. No nice ideas come up at the time and I felt really dumb.

All in all, my score is 227-283, 26 in L, 29 in S and 30 in R.

[此贴子已经被作者于2003-6-27 15:13:09编辑过]

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友 微信微信
收藏收藏 顶 踩
您需要登录后才可以回帖

本版积分规则

QQ|排行榜|小黑屋|Archiver|UKER.net ( 沪ICP备11021479号-1  

GMT+8, 2024-5-8 17:19