打印 上一主题 下一主题

[文书写作] 【大家也来分享一下你的PS把】我的PS写作心得分享

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2010-3-12 09:36 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

登录/注册后可看大图

又到一年申请时。把自己去年的一些心得在这里分享一下。先说PS好了。
最好当然还是原创啦,呵呵,废话。有些人会想要写很“漂亮”的PS,大概就是说要写得像是出自native speaker之手。个人认为是大可不必的,真实点可能更好,selector不是傻子,如果你的ps写得字字珠玑,流光溢彩,但是雅思写作也不过就6、7分(没有任何贬义,我想大多数人应该都是这个分数左右),鬼才会相信那真的是你自己写的吧。
我自己去年写PS,修改了一次之后就拿去给外教看。大家知道很多外教一般都是只鼓励不批评的,当然就是说不错不错。我怕他太过鼓励我,就说自己再修改几次再submit。外教听了劝我不要,他说PS到了一定程度就可以了,如果真的修改到了连一个小小的语法标点错误都没有,selector一定会觉得too good to be true。当然啦,我不是劝大家马虎对付。我们还是要追求完美的,但不需太过焦虑。
我的建议就是语言还是以简洁平实为好,错误尽量要少,但自己的经历,也就是情节,还是要尽可能出彩。其实PS的内容无非也就是交代一下自己过去做了些什么,有些什么成绩,但是如何说更流畅、更舒服,还是要好好考虑的。我本科专业是英语,教过我写作的外教来自美、英、澳,但他们共同的特点都是欣赏简洁但有趣味的文章。英国人比较严谨低调,所以措辞还是要谦逊一些。
先说这么多,再顺便post一下自己的ps,写得还是不错的,呵呵。完全原创,欢迎借鉴,谢绝抄袭。
Personal Statement
In 1998, when I was 15 years old, I was selected the new editor-in-chief of my high school magazine. Strictly speaking, it was merely a booklet, made up of a few articles composed by the students originally and a little naïve report about the big events in the school. However, that booklet changed my life. The hope and desire to become a real media practitioner began to grow inside my heart from then on.

In 2001, I entered Sun Yat-sen University, one of the top 10 universities in China, and I was recruited by a magazine call Ling Nan Ren (which means people from Ling Nan, the south point of China). I was asked in the interview: “what kind of character, do you think, is essential to make us different from all other student magazines?” My answer was that,“ the name of the magazine indicates a geographic concept. When all other magazines try to be the mouthpiece of university students, we should focus more on the region and the students in it, its own cultural style and the local creation…” Though puerile, it was the first time I stated my concept for a whole magazine out. In 2003, I became the editor-in-chief of Pilgrimage Magazine, which c##被过滤##ists of articles in five different languages. It required me to think more globally, as well as maintain the local and original creation. Then I found my interest of study: media and globalization, and the relati##被过滤##hip between the global and the local.

I’m also a reporter and editor of the Television Center, Sun Yat-sen University. Last Feb, I went to a Hansen’s disease Village together with Japanese Volunteers, to build a new toilet for the HD sufferers. I recorded down all things happened there with my DV camera and made my first documentary. TV production has taught me about how to cater to the needs and wants of a more extensive audience, and encouraged me to pay attention to more aspects of the world.

I’m currently majoring in English Language and Literature. Such background will benefit me a lot in my future study and research. Language is not only a language; it’s also a carrier of culture and thoughts. In order to master the language well, I have to understand the culture and history of the western world and pay a lot of attention to cross-culture communicati##被过滤##. Though I haven’t an academic background in Media Studies or Journalism, My undergraduate programme can provide me with a special perspective and analytic skills to solve the problems in my future study. Language learning also focused a lot on basic skills training, such as writing, intensive reading, literature translation and discourse analysis, which have equipped me for more in-depth studies.

In my undergraduate study, I achieved an average score of 86.6% and was awarded the academic excellence scholarship for 3 c##被过滤##ecutive years. Apart from the core courses, I’m also interested in History and Gender Studies. The courses I’ve taken and audited, varied from Chinese ancient poetry, contemporary European civilization to Gender Representation, have helped me to mold a more solid method of observation. I’m confident that my impressive academic background, English proficiency and practical intern experiences will all strengthen my potential for further study.

Months ago, I was extremely honored to have a meeting with the British Ambassador in China, Sir Christopher Hum, at my university. Sir Hum asked the students at the meeting about our image of UK. I told him that UK is a most creative country in my opinion. The dynamic creative industry in this country really attracts me a lot. I sincerely hope that my ideas and interest, which germinated from my Chinese background, can be nourished in the soil of creativity, seriousness and enthusiasm. The marrow of culture and knowledge in both countries, China and UK, will definitely have a great impact on me. After I finish my study, I will probably come back to China and work in its booming media industry. At the same time, I’ll try to carry on my study to a higher level. I want to bring the advanced concept I’ve learned back to China and to be involved in the media education after I’m qualified enough.
The department of Media and Communicati##被过滤## at LSE has admirable faculties and its research thematic areas are exactly what I’m interested in. I hope that LSE can open up a new and splendid academic future for me, and I will be fortunate enough to contribute to the future of LSE.

评分

查看全部评分

分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友 微信微信
收藏收藏3 顶3 踩
2#
发表于 2010-3-12 10:13 | 只看该作者
谢谢lz分享!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2012-9-27 15:15 | 只看该作者
lz写得好!