中英网论坛

查看: 906|回复: 5
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[米粒智囊团求助] Inquiry related to IELTS exam

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1#
发表于 2010-8-1 18:53 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Hello everyone! It's the first time I make an inquiry here. Before sharing my confusion, I would like to briefly introduce how I am involved in puzzlement over whether I should sit for IELTS exam before going to the UK.

In March, I applied for the INTO UNI EXETER Foundation course and then the authority gave me a conditional offer.
The condition was successful completion of Form 6 in Hong Kong only, which was exclusive of my IELTS result because my English exam result in HK is said to be equivalent to the IELTS. Eventually, I've got a CAS letter from the authority and everything has been settled down for the moment.

As far as I know, most of you mainland students have gained an offer from the institution by virtue of your IELTS results.

Hence, my question is, should I take the IELTS exam before going to the UK so as to feel more "secure"? I'm afraid that after I arrive there, the staff there might give me inferior treatment just because I haven't taken the IELTS exam.

Thanks for your kind attention!^^
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友 微信微信
收藏收藏 顶 踩
2#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-8-1 19:05 | 只看该作者
And one thing that springs to my mind is that, are the English exam and other business subjects  there so harsh to follow?

The agents said it's okay for an average student like me but I don't know if they understated the situation or just comforted me.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2010-8-2 08:56 | 只看该作者
香港这个还真不是很了解
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2010-8-2 22:41 | 只看该作者

回复 1# 的帖子

如果我是你,我会考一次雅思。雅思对于中国香港的学生应该不成问题的吧。不过建议考前还是准备下。
对于你二楼的问题,由于不知道你具体的学术水平,所以很难回答。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-8-3 00:13 | 只看该作者
Thanks for your objective opinions!

I agree with you that I'd better prepare for it by drilling some papers because I don't want to waste the application fee, which is damn expensive!>.<
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2010-8-3 10:26 | 只看该作者
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖

本版积分规则

QQ|排行榜|小黑屋|Archiver|UKER.net ( 沪ICP备11021479号-1  

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 14:31